Friday, May 16, 2014

Watercolor for Card Makers- Day 1 & 2 Projects

Soft Watercolor Wash Background (with Stencils)

This was THE most challenging technique to get the desired effect.  These are the results of my 6th round of trying.  I actually like more contrast than less.  I'll need to keep practicing this one.



** My own combination of Vibrant Water Color Wash and stamping through the stencil for vibrant color wash.

Vibrant Watercolor Wash Background

Using an acrylic block with distress ink to create various patterned backgrounds.  I like the shades of red best.  But I do like to challenge myself to use color combos I might not usually go to.  




Stamped Emboss Resist + Watercolor Wash-

These are my favorite for today.  The color palate suits my mood, the contrast is pleasing, and I love the  background resist images.  I'll work with these further to make cards but this is where they are for now.


1 comment:

  1. You have done some wonderful backgrounds, here! And I agree with you, that more contrast is better than less.

    ReplyDelete