Sunday, May 18, 2014

Watercolor for Card Makers- Day 5 & 6

I am in love with this Hero Arts Looped Flower Stamp.  Shari Carroll with the onlinecardclasses.com demonstrated a watercolor technique with stamp that I adore.  I love monochromatic projects but couldn't decide on a color palate to try first so I found a way to incorporate them all into a sampler project.  I'm not thrilled with my label- it got a bit mud die- but I see myself making many more projects with this stamp.  Coloring with this stamp is a very mindful exercise and is quite relaxing.  I'll post more to this link when I finish the other versions I'm working on.  

I had to add a few more using this stamp technique- I'm having so much fun with it.  This time I stamped a central image and then masked it off and ten stamped with the looped flowers background stamp.  On the fully white version, I added the embossing powder before the central image ink had dried to everything ended up white.  I think it was a happy accident.  Send in the Clowns!


I think my next creative notion to try with this style is using silver or gold embossing powder and to try to make the monochromatic color segments do a spiral/pinwheel… oh the possibilities.




1 comment: