Monday, August 1, 2016

Creative Chemistry 103 Day 1


I've been waiting all summer for Creative Chemistry 103.  Tim Holtz is such a creative and wonderful soul.  I hope I do his techniques justice.

I was looking forward to using the Picket Fence Distress Ink pad.  This technique makes your other distress ink colors pop on darker cardstock.  The technique was originally done on kraft paper.  I wanted to see how it would respond on black paper-- the designs were more ghost-like and less color--not sure why yet.  But it was still a fun experiment.
Distress Highlight Stamping

 My mom likes hummingbirds so I thought I'd make this card front with her in mind.  I was a bit more off set than originally planned but overall I like this technique a lot.  It is very vintage.
Distress Off- Set Stamping Technique
I was super excited about trying MicroGlaze techniques.  I love the possibilities of the protection it can give layers of your card and to learn about how its properties change once you add heat.

Distressed Washed Watercolor
I was super excited about trying MicroGlaze techniques.  I love the possibilities of the protection it can give layers of your card and to learn about how its properties change once you add heat.

I'll post later on one more technique-- but that's what I was able to do so far. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely selection this is. I adore your kraft highlight one, the colours are just stunning. x

    ReplyDelete