Saturday, January 31, 2015

12 tags of 2015- January

January 2015 Tag- Taking inspiration from Tim Holtz and using his products in new ways.  This is my first completed project of the new year. The words I chose are from an intention journal entry at the beginning of the year.  I like to start the year with the symbol of a bird.  It reminds me of my dearest friend and soul sister Julie and represents hope and perspective.  My overall intention for the year is to Create and Be Renewed.  Being renewed is to hope, inspire, smile, laugh, have a soulful living heart, to discover and dream, creating my soul self and embracing magic.

I live in Maui so January doesn't really have winter--- I chose blues and greens that remind me of the island and bronze for its warmth. The colors ended up less vibrant than when I started but I thought Tim would love that aspect.  It felt good to improvise for some materials that I didn't have such as the printed tissue paper- I used one of my music stamps on blank tissue for my bottom layer.  I'm not ecstatic about the glitter on the letters-- but I think if I had the larger ones it would have created more impact.  I really like how using the glue in seal over the chit chat stickers allowed for shadowing with a distress marker around the words.  I also love the ribbon on the tag- it started out as white satin but after spritzing it with salty ocean and peeled paint distress stain viola.  I love the two tone effect.  I think that my favorite part of this project was the shadow effect on the chit chat words. All in all a fun endeavor.  

January Tag of 2015






























Materials Used:
Distress Paint- Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, Mowed Lawn and Picket Fence
Distress Stain- Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo
Distress Glitter-Tarnished Brass
Glue N'Seal
Glossy Accents
Idea-ology Adornments Nature-Bird
Idea-ology- Chit Chat Stickers
Idea-ology Alpha Parts Newsprint
Tissue Paper
Music Stamp
Distress Marker- black soot
Water Mini Mister
Co'ordinations Sander Block
Satin Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment