Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween 2013 Cards

I'm so in love with the look and texture of the distress rust technique I decided to incorporate it into my Halloween cards.  My first favorite uses the Toybox 2002 crackle stamp with Distress Embossing Ink and Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder.  The second example repeats the process using Toybox Marble/Granite stamp with Distress Embossing Ink and Aged Mahogany Distress Embossing Powder.  For my inks, I used combinations of walnut stain, vintage photo, black soot, stormy sky, and rusty hinge, or aged mahogany.  The central image uses a PSX G-1887 Pumpkin & Crow/Raven stamp on a Spellbinders Floral Oval die cutout.  Th image was Embossed in Super Fine Detail Black Embossing Powder and colored with distress markers.  The edges were colorized using a blending foam and distress inks listed above.  Each tag was then scored just below the tag circle and then using PermaTac adhesive mounted on a second #8 black tag.  
Distress Rust Technique


For the inside, I was thrilled to rediscover my Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen--- it give a muted glitter writing effect---like dew filled spider webs.

Each card as topped with Paperbilities Paper Raffia in a complimentary color.
Viola- Halloween 2013 cards

I continued my exploration of Tim Holtz's tag card framework using Acey Deucy's J4-834 Ever Your stamp, All Nite Media Swirl Alphabet 2954Q, and Stamp Happy Rubber Stamps Grateful Dead Skeleton & Roses.  Again I embossed with super fine detail embossing powder in black and colorized with distress inks.  For the skeleton and roses, I colored the image with Twinkling H2Os in Luminarte Iridescent Gold and Yellow Rose (which looks more orange). The tag was finished off with EK Success Adornments- Fun Fibers for Fabulous Effects and Tim Holtz-Ideaology Linen Ribbon.

Tag Card Front
Tag Card Inside

Happy Almost Halloween!







No comments:

Post a Comment