Monday, October 28, 2013

12 Tags of 2013- October

Well I'm obviously still inspired from my Creative Chemistry 102 experience.  I'm still waiting some of my products- but today my sticky embossing powder arrived and a wonderful assortment of Tim Holtz Stencils.  So, I thought I'd try to tackle the Tags of 2013- October tag challenge.  The goal was to create and use Tim Holtz line of glitter products.
The tag on the left- uses distress ink with embossing sticky powder, followed by distress clear rock candy glitter on the focal stamped image.  In person it gives a sparkly frosted effect to the crow and dark outlines of the pumpkin.
The tag on the right, uses spiced marmalade in distress stickles for the pumpkin, and again the sticky embossing powder with seedless preserves ink for the rays stamp.  I think I just need more practice applying the product to get more of the glitter to stick.  If my glossy accents had arrived, I would have tried coloring glitter and applying directly to a tag through a stencil-- but that will have to be saved for another day.  I'm really excited about the new stencils and I think the glitter has tons of fun options to explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment