Sunday, October 20, 2013

Practice & Explore
I'm still waiting for my supply order to try additional techniques from class. It is so hard to wait. Today I was thinking about Halloween.  I was curious to try the distress paint resist technique with a focal image rather than fine detailed background.  Below are two techniques- the distress ink/spritz & flick on archival black ink; the second is the distress paint resist technique with antique linen and colored again with distress inks and spritz & flick.  I like how the distress paint resist give a ghostly feel to this stamp design.  Remember to clean the distress paint off your stamp right away because once it is dry its permanent.  
Top: Distress Ink Spritz & Flick; Bottom: Distress Paint Resist Technique with Spritz & Flick

No comments:

Post a Comment