Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Tag of 2014- 1st post of the year

Its time to start Tags of the Year with Tim Holtz!  Below you can see his inspiration piece.

Since  I didn't have everything Tim used, I'm improvising from a few other craft supplies.  The theme is "Time."
My new Vagabond machine has been de-virginized.  It embosses grunge board and metal foil like butter.  I'm accepting the challenge of tags of 2014 this year.  Here are some of the Tim Holtz supplies I'm using for this project.


I'm very happy with how I've spent the first day of the new year.  January tag of 2014 and song lyrics with similar inspiration-  Time Waits for No One.
Tim Holtz Tags of 2014- January-- "Time Waits for No One"

Well I didn't have all the supplies that Tim Holtz used-but I had enough feel good about posting this one.  Materials Used; ideology-compass coins, mini gears, & ring fasteners; alpha parts - newsprint; chit chat stickers, glitterazzi pearlies, Ranger foil tape sheets, grunge board, Vagabond machine, Distress paint in black and white; distress ink in pumice stone and black soot, linen ribbon, Anna Griffin Aviary Embossing folder, and Sizzix Clocks embossing folder, Ranger manila tag, Ranger Archival black ink, and burlap/type "paper scrap." I feel good about some improvisations I made- I altered my chit chat stickers and turned "want" to "waits"; and also made my own splatter brush using some flower soft wire stems. Yeah for me.  My speckled and inky fingers happily finish typing this post.  Hope this inspires someones creative spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather: Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog for my Tim's Jan. Tag. Like me, you had to improvise with supplies and I think you did a very nice job with your theme - time flies, (the addition of the eagle and your handprinted tags), Isn't getting inky a fun way to herald in the New Year?
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete